- Born: Abt 1792, Shotts, Lanark, Scotland 2370,2379
- Marriage: Ann Smith on 26 Apr 1818 in Shotts, Lanark, Scotland 2374,2375
- Died: 8 Jun 1871, Morningside, Cambusnethan, Lanark aged about 79 2379
Cause of his death was Gastritis, seven weeks.2379
Notes for JOHN BAILLIE:
Informant: John Baillie (Son)
Darngavel Farm, Cambusnethan
More About JOHN BAILLIE:
Cause of Death: Gastritis
Extract from the Baillie family history files published on the Internet by Mr. John Steel, web site:
MARY HILL (LODOVICK HILL) was born March 5, 1767. She married JOHN BAILLIE January 1, 1791 in New Monklands.
Children of MARY HILL and JOHN BAILLIE are:
2. i. JOHN BAILLIE, b. 1792, Shotts; d. June 8, 1871, Morningside Farm.
ii. LUDOVIC BAILLIE, b. April 8, 1794, Shotts.
iii. JAMES BAILLIE, b. April 20, 1796, Shotts.
iv. DAVID BAILLIE, b. July 15, 1798, Shotts.
v. WILLIAM BAILLIE, b. December 20, 1800, Shotts.
vi. GEORGE BAILLIE, b. March 15, 1803, Shotts.
vii. MARY BAILLIE, b. March 30, 1806, Shotts.
Noted events in his life were:
• Occupation. 1670 Farmer
• Occupation: Farmer of 152 acres, Morningside Farm, 1871, Cambusnethan, Lanark, Scotland. 2370
• Residence: Morningside Farm, 1871, Morningside, Cambusnethan, Lanark. 2379
John married Ann Smith, daughter of William Smith and Mary Crambie, on 26 Apr 1818 in Shotts, Lanark, Scotland 2374.,2375 (Ann Smith was born about 1794 in Shotts, Lanark, Scotland 2370,2380 and died on 3 Dec 1871 in Morningside, Cambusnethan, Lanark 2379,2380.). The cause of her death was Debility, ten days.2379