Ole Frederiksen Huskelhus 1633,2566
- Born: Abt 1834, Birid, Oppland, Norway 1633
Extract from the book Utvandringen Til Amerika, published by the Gjovik Historical Society, Gjovik, Norway, ISBN 82-90323-03-4, page 176, translation from Norwegian. by JC Anderson.
In 1866, statistics show that 175 emigrants left Biri for Amerika
Ole Fredriksen Huskelhus, born in 1834, a farmer (son of Fredrik Amundsen and Berthe Engebregtsdtr. of Nordre Huskelhus farm), emigrated to America in 1866. He first came to Lewis Valley, Wisconsin, then to Pigeon Falls, where he farmed. He married in America Beate Olsdtr. Taraldsrudlokken, who had come to that country about 1866 or 1867.
Ole and Beate had 9 children. Of these, four never married: Ferdinand, Oluf, Otto and Mathea. Five children did marry:
1. Berte married John Johnsen, Their daughter, Laura married Willie Randahl who for many years was a missionary in Zululand, Africa and supervised the mission there. They had no children but Bertha and John adopted a daughter, Clara Ekern.
2. Randine Emile married Nils Ostrum and had two children. Emil married Ester Johnson and Sylvester married Dorothy.
3. Olave married Anton Haugen.
4. Anna married Henry Indrebo. there children were: Orin, married Jennie Eide, who had three girls and four boys, and many grandchildren. - Palmer married Anna Halvorson, and had two sons, three daughters and many grandchildren. -Lester married Marion and had three daughters and one son.
5. Nina married pastor Olai Arten. They had a son and three daughters, and another died young. Their son Oliver Arten was for many years a missionary in New Guinea.