- Born: 3 Jan 1794, Eccles, Berwick, Scotland 258,259,260,263
- Christened: 18 Feb 1794, Eccles, Berwick, Scotland
- Marriage (1): John Kinghorn on 10 Jun 1825 in Eccles, Berwick, Scotland 1460
- Marriage (2): Alexander Anderson on 9 Aug 1839 in Caven Twp, Durham Co., Ontario 234
- Died: 25 May 1881, South Monaghan, Northumberland County, Ontario aged 87 103,262,263
- Buried: Centreville, South Monaghan, Ontario, Canada
Cause of her death was old age.263
1851 census , Canadian Archives film # C11740, South Monaghan, Ontario, page 17
Alexander Anderson age 58, Isabella age 50, John Anderson age 28, Margret Anderson age 25?, Alexander Anderson age 23, Margaret Kinghorne age 20, Daniel Anderson age 17
maiden name Dodds, earlier married to John Kinghorne.. when she married Alexander Anderson she was then Mrs. Isabella Kinghorne.. as per History of Alexander Anderson and Catherine Kennedy by Margaret Emberson. written in 1953.
extract from :The following history of the Anderson family was written to her nieces July 13, 1953 by Miss Margaret Emberson, who was a daughter of Mr. and Mrs. William Emberson, of South Monaghan, Ontario. Mrs William Emberson was formerly Miss Margaret Anderson, daughter of Alexander Anderson and Catherine Kennedy Anderson. WESTON, July 13, 1953
" I do not know how long it was before Grandfather met and married Mrs. Kinghorn, a widow with three children; two boys, one a stepson of 11 or 12 years; a girl, Margaret, 5 years, and Jimmie 1 or 2 years old. "
Noted events in her life were:
• Residence, 1851, South Monaghan Twp, ON. 95
• Residence, 1861, South Monaghan Twp, ON. 81
Isabella married John Kinghorn on 10 Jun 1825 in Eccles, Berwick, Scotland.1460 (John Kinghorn died in Montreal, PQ?.)
Isabella next married Alexander Anderson on 9 Aug 1839 in Caven Twp, Durham Co., Ontario.234 (Alexander Anderson was born 1784-1792 ? in ??Crieff, Perthshire, Scotland? 78,242,243,249,266, christened 30 Dec 1792 ? in ??Crieff, Perthshire, Scotland?,246,247 died on 17 Mar 1882 in South Monaghan, Northumberland County, Ontario 78,103,248,249 and was buried in 1882 in Centreville, South Monaghan, Ontario, Canada.). The cause of his death was old age.263
Your file looks good. I do have something for you to add to though.
Alexander Anderson married Isabella (Dodds) Kinghorne Aug 9, 1839 in
Cavan Twp, Durham Co, Ontario although it could have been South Monaghan
Twp if they were married at home and not in the church.