George Harvey Winch 1760,1761
- Born: 10 Dec 1873, Nashville twp, Martin County, Minnesota 1760,1762
- Marriage: Mamie Carlile on 13 Nov 1895 in Fairmont, Minnesota 1759
- Died: 1963, Winnebago, Minnesota aged 90 1760
- Buried: Nashville cemetary, Martin County, MN 1760
GEORGE HARVEY WINCH
George Harvey Winch, 89, lifelong resident of Nashville township died Tuesday at the Winnebago Hospital from the infirmities of age. He had been hospitalized for the past four months.
He was born in Nashville Dec. 10, 1873 to pioneers Mr. and Mrs. Albert Winch. On Nov. 13, 1895 he was married at the Congregational church parsonage in Fairmont to the former Mamie Carlile of Nashville Center, who survives.
They celebrated their 67th wedding anniversary last year. He was one of the three remaining members of the Truman Farmers Elevator association and for many years served as clerk of former school district No. 16 in Nashville.
Surviving besides his wife are two daughters, Mrs. Jay Fisher of Blue Earth and Mrs. Vera Longman of Madison, Minn. There are six grandchildren and one great-grandchild. Two sisters are Mrs. Bessie Cramer of Winnebago and Mrs. Edith Lund living in Washington state.
Services will be Friday at the Olson funeral home in Truman, family services 1 p.m. public services 2 p.m. with the Rev. W. E. Midgley, pastor of the Nashville Baptist Church, officiating. Burial will be in the Nashville cemetery. Friends may call at the Olson chapel in Truman from noon Thursday.
Noted events in his life were:
• Occupation: Farmer, 1920, Nashville twp, Martin County, Minnesota. 1762
• Occupation: Farmer, 1930, Pleasant Mound, Blue Earth Co. Mn. 1763
George married Mamie Carlile on 13 Nov 1895 in Fairmont, Minnesota.1760 (Mamie Carlile was born about 1881 in Minnesota 1764.)