- Born: 1 Jan 1845, Engelien Farm, Hoff Parish, Kristian Cty., Norway 22,201,204,205
- Christened: 19 Jan 1845, Sondre Land, Kristian Cty., Norway
- Marriage (1): Unknown
- Marriage (2): Lars Larson on 14 Mar 1874 in Halfway Creek, Onalaska twp, LaCrosse County, Wisconsin 73,172,173
- Died: 13 Nov 1921, Onalaska twp, La Crosse, Wisconsin aged 76 206
- Buried: 15 Nov 1921, Onalaska twp, La Crosse, Wisconsin
1920 census, Onalaska City, La Crosse, WI
sheet 2A, family 29
Larson, Lars, Head, male, white, age 83, married, year of first marriage 1863?, born Norway, language Norwegian, parents born Norway
", Nicholena, wife, female, white, age 73, married, year of first marriage, 18??, born Norway, language Norwegian, parents born Norway
Obituary, Nicholena Hansdtr. wife of Lars Larson. LaCrosse County Record, Nov 17, 1921
Mrs. Lars Larson died at her home in Onalaska, Sunday morning.
Nicholena Hanson Larson was born Jan 2, 1846 in Lands Prestjeld, Norway. Her parents were Hans and Marit Hanson.. She came to America when whe was 29 years of age, and was united in marriage to Lars Larson in the March of 1878 by the Rev. Valler Frick in Halfway Creek Church.
To this union were born 8 children, 2 of whom are dead. four are living in Canada , and 2 in Wisconsin.
Mr. and Mrs. Larson moved to Onalaska in the fall of 1919. They purchased a residence in Onalaska, where they lived 6 weeks prior to the death of Mrs. Larson, at which time they moved to the home of their daughter, Mrs. Charles Dahlby.
The deceased became sick on Tuesday Nov. 8 of bronchial pneumonia, and died Sunday morning, Nov 13.
Mrs Larson had 8 children and 26 grandchildren. She has 2 brothers, Jacob and Christian living in Canada.
The funeral was held at Onalaska Nov 15, Rev E.O.Vik officiating. Internment was in Onalaska cemetery.
Roll P 73 6271
Wisconsin State Historical Society
note: a perhaps a couple of differences in the obituary above. I have it that Nicholena was born in Sondre Land, Kristian County, Engelien farm, Norway and married Lars Larson in March of 1874. Her parents were Hans Jacobsen and Marit Nielsdtr.
The area known as Sondre Land shows as Lands Prestjeld on the 1865 Norwegian Census so that does not conflict with the obit.
notes by James Clinton Anderson of Kelowna B.C. Canada.
Note the new cemetery marker placed for Lars and Nicoline in the Onalaska Cemetery, late 2003 by family members headed up by Nancy Tolvstad.
Noted events in her life were:
• Immigration, 1873, As Per 1900 Census, Hamilton Twp.
• Confirmation, 14 Oct 1860.
• Vaccination, 22 Nov 1845, Smallpox.
• Immigration: as per 1910 census, 1877, from Norway. 22
• Residence, 1880, Hamilton twp, LaCrosse , Wisconsin. 201
• Residence, 1900, Hamilton twp, LaCrosse , Wisconsin.
• Residence, 1920, Onalaska, La Crosse, WI. 191
Nicoline next married Lars Larson, son of Lars Nielsen and Berte Johannesdatter, on 14 Mar 1874 in Halfway Creek, Onalaska twp, LaCrosse County, Wisconsin 73,172.,173 (Lars Larson was born on 20 May 1837 in Houg Farm, Vardal, Oppland, Norway 186,187,188,189,190,191, christened on 20 Jul 1837 in Vardal, Oppland, Norway, died on 30 Mar 1924 in Onalaska twp, La Crosse, Wisconsin 192 and was buried on 3 Apr 1924 in Onalaska twp, La Crosse, Wisconsin 193.)