- Born: 26 Aug 1871, Canton, Fillmore Co., Minnesota 592,596,598,1740
- Marriage: Lydia Elizabeth Winch on 26 Nov 1891 in Canton, Fillmore Co., Minnesota
- Died: 23 Mar 1964, Spokane, Spokane Co., Washington aged 92
- Buried: Greenwood Memorial Terrace, Spokane WA
George Bursell of Spokane Wash. (ref obituary for sister Anna Francis Bursell)
LDS IGI record
George F. Bursell, b. 1871, Canton, Fillmore, Minnesota, parents Thomas Bursell, Alvira A. Brode
no Batch number or film number listed.
email from Bobbi Amstutz, Iowa, Feb 22, 2001
"George was born in 1871 in Canton Twp., Fillmore County, Minnesota. He married Lydia E. Winch and they had three children: Charlotte Bursell, Ruby Bursell, and Paul Bursell. Charlotte and Ruby are shown in the picture on the left. George and Lydia lived in Spokane, Washington in 1912. It was in that year that Paul R. Bursell died when 6 years old on December 17, 1912. As his obituary state: "The deceased was a bright and loving child stricken down with meningitis and thus early in life cut off like a flower by the ruthless reaper, death." This paragraph directly from Charles Bursell's book.
George developed otosclerosis in his 40's and became totally deaf.
Noted events in his life were:
• Residence, 1935, Spokane, Washington. 1695,1696,1740
• Residence: Carpenter, 1930, East Spokane twp, Spokane County, Washington. 596
George married Lydia Elizabeth Winch, daughter of Asahel Winch and Elizabeth English, on 26 Nov 1891 in Canton, Fillmore Co., Minnesota. (Lydia Elizabeth Winch was born on 26 Mar 1872 in Amherst, Fillmore Co., Minnesota,496,595,596,597 died on 11 May 1972 in Spokane, Spokane Co., Washington and was buried in Greenwood Memorial Terrace, Spokane WA.)
Lydia and George enjoyed 73 years of married life.