- Born: 1 May 1830, Carlow, Carlow Co. Ireland 292,595,597,928,930,931,932,933
- Marriage: Asahel Winch on 5 Aug 1854 in Fillmore County, Minn. 292,496
- Died: 15 Feb 1900, Prosper, Fillmore County, Minn. aged 69 292,934
- Buried: Prosper, Fillmore County, Minn.
Eliza English wife of Asel Winch, May 1, 1830, Feb. 15, 1900 On the
bottom In Caps. it reads WINCH, then on the NW side it reads, Asel Winch
July 15, 1822, Nov. 23, 1919,
(Prosper Cemetery, MN) Prosper Cemetery is
located on corner of hwy 44 and 52 or just 5 miles West of Mabel
Depending on which census record you read, Elizabeth English was either born in Canada or in Ireland.
Noted events in her life were:
• Residence, 1885, Amherst, Fillmore Co., Minnesota. 597
• Residence, 1895, Burr Oak, Winneshiek County, Iowa. 928
Elizabeth married Asahel Winch, son of Samuel Winch and Elizabeth Monteney, on 5 Aug 1854 in Fillmore County, Minn. 292.,496 (Asahel Winch was born on 15 Jul 1821-1822 in Onandaga County, New York,132,292,496,595,597,926,927,992,1152 died on 23 Nov 1919 in Dovray twp, Murray Co., Minnesota 292,496,926 and was buried in Prosper, Fillmore County, Minnesota. 496,926.). The cause of his death was Chronic nephritis.
I, Jane M. Robbins being of the age of eighteen years and upwards, hereby apply for membership in the Society by right of lineal descent in the following line from Samuel Winch, Sr. who was bapt. in Framingham, Mass. on the 3rd day of February, 1760 and died in Canada after 1797. His place of residence during the Revolution was Fitwilliam, N.H.
I was born in Lenora, County of Fillmore, State of Minnesota on April 24, 1864.
1. I am the daughter of Asel Winch born on 7/15/1822 at Onandaga Co. N.Y. died at Dovray twp. Murray Co. Minnesota on 11/23/1919 married (2nd) 8/5/1854 to Elizabeth English born on 5/1/1830 at Carlow, Carlow Co. Ire. died at Prosper, Fillmore Co. Minnesota on 2/16/1900.
2. The said Asel Winch was the child of Samuel Winch, Jr. born on 8/1/1797 at Utica, Oneida Co. N.Y. buried at Painesville, Lake Co., O on 5/14/1875 married (1st) abt. 1821 to Elizabeth Mountany died on 1847.
3. the said Samuel Winch, Jr. was the child of Samuel Winch, Sr. bapt on 2/3/1760 at Framingham, Mass died at Canadia after 1797 married (1st) on 6/29/1780 to Elizabeth Maynard born on 4/24/1761 at Framingham, Mass.
My Revolutionary ancestor was married
(1) to Elizabeth Maynard at Fitzwilliam, N.H. 6/29, 1780
Children of Revolutionary Ancestor
Infant d 4/2/1781
Patricia, bapt. 1/4/1789
Elizabeth, bapt. 1/4/1789
Susan, bapt. 1/4/1789
Samuel born 8/1/1787, married (1) Elizabeth Mountany, (2) Rosetta Dafoe
John, born 1/26/1799, married (1) Lydia Mann, (2) Jane Mulkin
Clarissa, born 1801, married Hugh Ogilvie
References for Lineage
1. For Samuel Winch, see "Old Northwest Genealogy Quarterly" for 1900, vol 3, p. 110, also History of Fitzwilliam, N.H. by Nortion, p. 192 (gives Rev.. anc's marriage & children) also New Hampshire State Papers, vol 15, p. 218, vol 15, p. 542, vol 16, p, 82,95, History of Framingham, Mass. by Temple, p.749
2. (Applicant is the Mother of Georgia Robbins Nash, Nat. No. 219745. See papers attached to Mrs Nash's application papers for other family records & certified military record. )
Applicaton for membership to the National Society of the Daughters of the American Revolution , Washington , D.C. for Mrs. Jane M. Robbins (Margaret Jane Winch) ,Widow of John Alexander Robbins, residence 876 Center Street, Tracy, Minnesota , Descendant of Samuel Winch. Application approved by National Society, April 22, 1940