- Born: 23 Jun 1881, Nashville twp, Martin County, Minnesota 975,2546,2547
- Marriage: Erma Leola Anderson on 22 Jan 1903 975
- Died: 28 Nov 1959, Truman, Minnesota aged 78 975,2546
- Buried: 2 Dec 1959, Lakeside Cemetery, Fairmont, Minnesota 975
JOHNNIE WINCH DIES OF CANCER
Cancer claimed the life of John Elmer Winch, 78 lifelong resident of the
Truman community. Johnnie Winch died at the home of his daughter, Mrs. Mabel Kurseth of Fairmont. He had been ill about 5 months.
Funeral services took place Wednesday, Dec. 2, 1959 from the Olson chapel and the Church of Christ with Pastor Dale Erickson officiating. Burial was in Lakeside Cemetery, Fairmont.
Born in Nashville June 23, 1881, the son of James and Elizabeth Winch, he moved with his parents to Pleasant Mound where he remained all the rest of his life until illness struck.
He is survived by his wife Erma Anderson Winch, whom he wed Jan. 22, 1903, and by 8 children. They are Herbert, of Phoenix, Ariz., Melvin of Renton, Wash., Walter and Earl of Fairmont, Elmer of Bemidji, Mrs. Mable Kurseth of Fairmont, Mrs David Chapman of Madison, S.D., and Mrs. Everett Roberts of Lake Crystal. A son Harold is deceased. There are 25 grandchildren and 19 great grandchildren. A sister, Mrs. Mabel Eisenlohr, of Montevideo, also survives.
Noted events in his life were:
• Occupation: Farmer, 1910, Pleasant Mound, Blue Earth Co. Mn. 2548
• Occupation: Farmer, 1930, Westford twp, Martin Co, MN. 2547
John married Erma Leola Anderson on 22 Jan 1903.975 (Erma Leola Anderson was born on 28 Feb 1883 in Minnesota,2547,2549,2550 died on 16 May 1963 2549 and was buried in Lakeside Cemetery, Fairmont, Minnesota 2546.)