- Born: 13 Feb 1909, Mindoro, Wisconsin 744,1625
- Marriage: Mae Bertha Mikshowsky on 16 Jun 1937 in Middle Ridge, Wis. 744,1625
- Died: 5 Dec 1997, La Crosse, Wisconsin aged 88 744
- Buried: 8 Dec 1997, Mormon Coulee Memorial Cemetery, Holmen, WI 1618
Chester 'Chet' B. Dahlby
- Chester "Chet" B. Dahlby, 88, died Friday, Dec. 5, 1997, at Franciscan-Skemp Healthcare, La Crosse. He was born Feb. 13, 1909, in Mindoro to Carl and Minnie (Larson) Dahlby.
He married Mae B. Mikshowsky on June 16, 1937, at St. Peter's Church of Middle Ridge. Chester farmed in the La Crosse area until his retirement in 1971. He became Wisconsin's 1949 State Contour Plowing Champion, was a lifetime member of the Coulee Region Rider's Club and teh Shelby Aid Society, was a 4-H leader for many years and known as an expert horseman. A highlight for Chester was to participate in the Bicentennial Wagon Trail Pilgrimage in 1976, driving a six mule team.
Chester is survived by his daughter, Marilyn (Charles) Evans of La Crosse; three sons, James (Earlamae) of Stoddard, Gerald (Anita) Dahlby of Onalaska, Chester "Terry" (Mary) of La Crescent, Minn.; nine grandchildren, Jolene (Michael) Bautch of Sussex, Wis., Deborah (Scott) Braund of Holmen, Stacey Dahlby of Minneapolis, Minn., Angela Dahlby of Tucson, Ariz., Dawn (Gary) Jurkovich of Burnsville, Minn., Sara (Paul) Jeranek of Onalaska, John Evans of Madison, Chis Dahlby of Stoddard and Jason Dahlby of La Crescent, Minn.; two step-grandchildren, Susan (Daniel) Truax, Onalaska and Mark Bussow, Washington D. C.; two great-grandchildren, Ashley Braund and Emma Bautch; and one step-great-grandchild, Noah Truax. He was preceded in death by his wife, Mae; a son, Kenneth; three sisters; and one brother.
Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. Monday at the Holmen Lutheran Church, with Pastors Charles Evavold and Daniel Henderson officiating. Burial will be in the Mormon Coulee Memorial Cemetery. Friends may call from 4 to 7 p.m. Sunday at the Dickinson Funeral Home, Holmen and from 10 to 11 a.m. at the Holmen Lutheran Church before services. Memorials may be given to the Holmen Lutheran Church and the La Crosse Boys and Girls Club.
Noted events in his life were:
• Soc Sec Num, Between 1957 and 1958, Issued In Wisconsin 398-38-8000. 1620
• Residence, 1941, Galesville, WI. 755
Chester married Mae Bertha Mikshowsky on 16 Jun 1937 in Middle Ridge, Wis. 744.,1625 (Mae Bertha Mikshowsky was born on 29 Aug 1908 in Middle Ridge, Wis.,744,1625 died on 8 Oct 1996 in La Crosse, Wisconsin 744,1620 and was buried on 11 Oct 1996 in Mormon Coulee Memorial Cemetery, Mormon Coulee, WI 1618.)
Noted events in their marriage were:
• Marriage Fact, 16 Jun 1937, Rev. John Pittz - St. Peters Church, Middle Ridge At 9:00Am.